On A Lazy Sunday Morning...!!

It was 9 am on a Sunday Morning , when my dad was watering the plants and mom was busy in the kitchen . Me "Mr. Lazy" and my sister ,who is lazier than me were still lying on the bed. Though I was awake, I had so many thoughts passing through my mind that I just could'nt make the 'Walk To The Bathroom ' . It was nearing 9.30 am , which was when i made up my mind that i would get out of it . My sister was still snoring away in deep sleep. Wondering how she could manage to do that , I headed straight to the Bathroom .

I was back into the Hall after my brushing to have a glance at the newspapers .My Dad, by then had finished watering the plants though he was busy with something else . He gave me a stare which suggested that - he was doing all the work and i was sitting idle on the sofa reading the newspaper like a senior citizen . I expected a comment or two from him regarding this , but luckily for me he dint say anything but i knew it was just a matter of time . My Mom came with a glass of milk for me & sat beside me . Then came my Dad . He asked me - "When are your exams ? "
I said - "A month from now . "
Dad - " I met my friend Mr. Ravi yesterday . His son Rikki is also doing engg and he has scored 76% in his previous semester . "
He gave a 'Sherlock Holmes' look and asked " How much did u get ? "

He knew my result , but then I knew this was coming . I said "69%"

Dad - " Is that enough ? "

Infact nothing is enough. I said "NO".

By now I knew what he meant to say & it was - " You Idiot , you have one month to go for your exams & you get up so late & now reading the newspaper like a retired officer ". He was kind enough not to say it that way though . Actually , I really get pissed off when they start comparing me with anyone. But I cant help it.

I was actually planning to start studying seriously from Monday . But it dint matter if I told them now. So , I proceeded towards the study table & started working out problems . I will be in no mood to study theory just after i get such a dose.
My Dad then switched on the T.V to watch a live cricket match , " India V/s Pakistan " , which did no good to my ' Problem Solving ' . Anyways I continued on . Meanwhile my sister woke up . As she is younger to me, she will remain ' The Small Girl ' of the family & will be pampered & pampered and will not have any of my problems.
I felt like bashing the wall to pieces when my Dad asked her " Did you sleep well ? "
What a question for a girl who slept for more than 10 hours .!!. But remember , she is ' The Small Girl' of our family.

An hour passed by & now it was breakfast time . Mom had prepared ' Rava Idly ' which is one of my favourites . I took all the time in the world eating those Idlys as the cricket match was interesting , or rather India were playing well. My mom usually never gives me breakfast before my bath. But then i had the knack of convincing her. After wandering around the house for more than half an hour looking very busy but doing nothing , I went for the Shower.

As I was coming out of the bathroom, I was only hoping for the day to get more interesting, atleast by evening. But I could'nt visualize any such thing happening as ' Monday Blues ' actually start setting in by Sunday evening only. Little disappointed by this and wondering how our Indian Cricket Team plays well only during my exams , I got back to the study table for some serious study . Really Serious.!!

21 additions to the crap:

Anonymous January 7, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

Hey Arjun, this was too good :)
I could imagine scene by scene everything that transpired between you and your dad (having gone through the same with your dad in my younger days ;)).
As for the 'small girl in the family' LOL!
Good job. Keep posting.
I might not read the cricketing stuff but sure enjoyed this :)

- Anu

Unknown January 8, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

Hey Arjun,

The blog u shared is really very good... Nice description of the conversation between u people.. It just makes me remember my sister.. Coz i scold her in the same way..
ha ha :)

But anyways getting 69% in VTU is also a good deal.. All the best to score more.. and get placed..


_Keerthana..

shruthi January 8, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

hey....nice !!!!!!
although every student has the same fate durin xms....
"all parents are the same"
and ya...good luck
wid all dis serious studies...u may b the "smart boy of ur family"
in the near future......[:)]

Anonymous January 10, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

hi bro tat was a wonderfull blog after all like d way david lyod says.these r just sme of d best time in life,good that u just keepin a track of it.ijust understand u boy coz i too have a small boy at ma place...
keep postin nd have fun!!!!

prathyusha January 10, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Hey ARJUN u did a fantastic job,truly speakin i didnt expect this frm u , my frnd.The same thing happens to me,i really corelate it to my life,but one thing i dont agree is that younger ones are not pampered all da times,they have their own problems nd finally i really njoyed u r blog

Anonymous January 25, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

Hey Arjun, I enjoyed reading your post...I liked the way you described..When I was reading those lines, i could visualise your father's reaction.

Anyways, these are the best times of life :)..Its true we can't miss watching the spectacular cricket matches at times....

Keep Posting
-Radha

Anonymous January 26, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

hey buddy,
nice portraiting there...
Life now needs no hard pushing as u r chilling out in leisure...
U could be a good novelist if only u don't end up where u have to......but destiny's certain..
chao..happy holidays..:-)

Anonymous February 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

heyy arjun it was really fun reading those blog seriously i appreciate u after reading that for a sec i was thinking which story is this after line by line i came to know that u had written that blog but its right wat u told it happens with all..

keep smiling

all de best for ur future

Unknown February 16, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

hey it was really nice.even it goes same with me here.u did a good job.have a nice time.all the best for u r future.

vijay February 16, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

hmmm.. man!! u've really got good narrating skills...it was really catchin n i was lookin for more... u've really got good imagination dude..keep up the good work buddy..

Unknown February 21, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Hi Arjun,

What u said is truth.. It was not necessary to bring some ones love story to media..

As the viewers are more for such kind of shows than to any other shows which has National interest .. Media is taking advantage out of that by making money..

Good to see such kind of awareness blog :).. Keep going...

All the best..

Keerthana

vanilla sky February 24, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

could nt agree more on the "small thing"...its the universal grudge of all elder siblings!!

Sunil Kosuru February 28, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

i have gone thro similar things, when i am compared to some one else in exam performance :)

my inner world February 29, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

really a nice one!!
well , my sunday mornings are just the same , except that my parents never compared anyone's result with mine. but i was always greeted a "good after noon" by my family for waking up late:)
and " small girl" - so true:)

RYAN VACHAS#9895389045 March 11, 2008 at 11:20 AM  

u sed it india plays best wen de xams r on....and on being lazy...........u just cant help it.....hu cares wer v end up.........good work ...........carry on

test March 20, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

sundays usually go in a flash with the monday morning blues setting in prematurely.. a diff program for our preset life on this one day of a week.. nice post buddy..

Anonymous March 24, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

It is amazing with the kind of stuff the younger siblings can get away with :( But very well written :) Keep it coming!!

Anonymous March 27, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Uh...I face similar things except that I get 59 instead of 69.

Also, I am the younger and I never get away with anything. It's my elder bro who does.

Tina March 29, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

Waaahhhh Ariiiiiiiii!!! u r jus too gud....u got an amazing way of writing..its so simple but its got a wonderful touch to it..i can always visualize with ur posts....:-)

Love it love it love it

Love
Tee

Hemanth Choudary May 6, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

i donno if ive left a comment..but this is really nice.. could relate it well!

Rinzu August 31, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

i also used to make biggg plans for studying as in a schedule but cudnt start at the the time i used to fix for the activity...

nicely presnted...!!!

:)

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP