Dear Mr.Pushy..


When a relatively old lady with a forceful and a 30 year old professional smile( I guessed) said “ Welcome On-Board Sir ”, I was reminded it was an ‘Indian Airlines' flight and she was the air hostess. Yes, I was leaving to Mumbai on a business trip. Like a kid I had asked for a window seat which took them 15 minutes to allot. Anyway, I found the seat & settled. An aero-plane isn’t a right place for restless people like me. I grabbed a few peanuts & my radio head-set from my bag. The RJ, with an apparent hyper-excited tone said “ Good Morning Bangalore…” followed by some crap and a ‘day ruining’ song. My reflex actions were enough to switch off the radio. My theory on RJs – ‘Good Morning was their only line which made sense’, gained weight. The seat next to me was still empty. All my travel companions till date were men above 50, with whom I end up discussing politics. Maybe the person who allots my seat takes revenge on me for insisting on a window seat.!

Just as it was getting boring, I saw a person with round ‘Mahatma Gandhi’ like glasses, ‘L.K Advani’ like bald head & ‘Charlie Chaplin’ like walk, entering in. He was my lecturer in college for whom I had written a note – “ You Suck” along with my name in capitals, on the last day of college. He spotted me from the distance & waved. I couldn’t even manage a sheepish smile. I am a Gentleman. All the memories of him & college scanned through my mind like a high-speed slide show.

“I am from the air-force and I was a commander” was his routine dialogue in the class. And hence we named him ‘wing-less commander’. He, once pushed me into the principal’s office for not completing my assignment on time. So, I gave him an exclusive name- “Mr. Pushy”. He never liked me since Day 1 , the day when I came late & said “tyre puncture” not realizing that two other guys who were also late but earlier to me had the same reason to say. Poor little me, Joker of Day 1. The day when me and my friends bunked college to watch a movie, he called up only my dad & told him that he had spotted me in a theatre. I still can’t forget the giggle that got out of my dad & mom the same evening when my dad told me about the call & I raised a serious doubt – “ What was he doing near the theatre?”. Anyway, bottom line – He never liked me & I never liked him. Hence I had to hate my answer scripts and it’s evaluation.

Back to the present, he approached me and hell, his seat was next to mine. He had two bags with two striking locks to it of which I assumed the codes would be ‘007’. After looking after the safety of his precious bags, he sat, we smiled but said nothing. The aircraft, after running through the taxiway slowly entered into the main runway for take-off. I broke the ice and enquired “ Sir, do you remember me?”

“I’m not human if I’d forget you”, he said.
I was confused if that was a compliment. The plane gathered speed and just as it took off, he said – “ I SUCKED…”
The plane took off & we both broke into laughter. The journey went absolutely fine and I had found a new friend by the end of it.

(Hey guys, sorry I got it wrong in few logics like-using FM radio on an aero-plane isn't allowed and carrying 2 bags isn't allowed too. It was fiction and my senses were out in the loo....Anyway, I hope u concentrated more on the story..)

27 additions to the crap:

Tina Angelin June 8, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Wow.....the teach u hated became ur frnd after all these years eh....thats really cool...i have a teach i hate tooo...in my colg...i jus cant stand his guts n attitude...he doesnt have ny but tries to...i hate ppl like tat...its like u eithr have attitude or u dnt...if u dnt then shut it tight....nyways....i liked this post....and i think hes one of the teach who can understand wat goes inside a student's mind...coz ur note to him was prty sstrong ari....

I had fun reading...keep posting..and if u have updates on the new found frndship...do lemme knw...

cherrs n luv
tee

funnybunny June 8, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

made me all gigglish with my fingers before my mouth, like a leetal garal or something. I guess we all had such teachers at school, mine was a hindi teacher and I never learnt hindi since. :D

Unknown June 8, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

Whoa!!!

Great yaar!!!
Me too had a similar experience.
I draw, its in my genes.
But, I had a very nostalgic Arts teacher. he literally bullied me, for whatever reason!
I assumed he did it out of jealousy!! :P

But now, after passing outa school, we are great frns!

All thanx to a bus trip!!!!


keep writing!!!!

The Solitary Writer June 8, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

hi arjun!!!

ur post was good ,yeah imagine how a student would react after seeing his professor who was troubled by him /her in school college level.But I dont think that one should react in such a way when u see a teacher after so many days despite he troubled u during school levels or gave u loads and loads of assignments to write ....but even though that must be fun troubling teachers in school and i too can imagine how Mr Pushy must have troubled u guys :p .

well ur post is good ,u have clearly expressed whatever u felt like ,but broadly speaking more emphasis is to be made on grammar part and avoid makin exagerations in between....between its interesting and clearly makes me think of my teachers whom i troubled during school days .....

the last few lines were hilarious and too good ..

sir u remembered me ?? and the sirs reply was good

Comfortably Numb June 8, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

LOL...I would seriously never ever want any of my teachers to be seated next to me anywhere...A pain in the ass...And after the things I did or lemme say as I TIRED TO DO..to them...even they wouldnt wana...

Anyway Is this fiction?

Cheers!

Anonymous June 8, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Nice blog. Subscribed to my reader. :P

Arjun June 8, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

@ comfortably numb
Yes its fiction.. I'm still a college student...

@ stephan
I knew this was coming dude...Revenge for my comment on urs.. :)..
If u can point out the grammatical mistakes it surely would be helpful...
i dont want to use complex words just for the sake of it...Thats it..
Anyway, thank u so much for ur comments...
And again this is just a fiction, i would be happy if u could relate such stuff....
Thank u

Arjun June 8, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

again @ stephan

I think u got it wrong... I never troubled him , it was him who troubled me...
And when i saw him , i din't even react buddy...Wat reaction r u talking abt??

Anonymous June 8, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

cool...i too had similar experience but he didnt talked to me throughout the journey

The Solitary Writer June 8, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

@ arjun

this isnt any revenge lol

coz u guys have said something which i expected and was aware of ....now stop sayin revenge n all things

btw arjun ,well no professor wud harass any student like that ...coz hez not mad rite to harass any student as such ........btw i just said ki u used too many complex words exagerations !! ...btw it wud be more great if u had simple words and wud be amazing and good,.more exciting was the last part .liked it ........
no offence ..
btw i have added u in my blogger
and even i know that its a fiction :p

Arjun June 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM  

@stephan
Thanks a lot buddy....
u haven't come across such lecturers i guess....
But anyways i still am somehow not convinced....
I'll contemplate abt it...
Thanks once again.

Anonymous June 8, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

Oh God...I wouldnt want that to happen... Thank God its fiction!!!

test June 9, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

hmm..my reaction after readin this post was a smile which stil hasnt left my face..

well.. in my case, my travel companions would b kids and the hyperactive ones using my nose more often as some sort of pressure horns!! i never felt i need a nose job even then..

and the teacher thingi.. in ma college, the lecturers are not very interactive.. so most often i doze off in ma class and wouldnt kno teaches me..

in my skul days, i never hated any teacher.. but stil i dread bumping into them any day..

gr8 post buddy.. u are shaping up as a happeneing blogger..

The Jester June 9, 2008 at 3:10 PM  

hmmm... interesting...

Bleeding words June 9, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

nice

Sunil Kosuru June 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

Good humour, i am seeing more fiction in ur blogs. well make it logically correct in some instances like FM radio in plane is it allowed? Ipods are ok but FM signals might interrupt with ATC signals, i may be wrong and 2 big bags, i guess one bag of 8kgs are allowed inside rest goes into cargo deck. over all nice imagination n goood post bro

Arjun June 9, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

@Sunil
Haha...ryt buddy...
I can give u some silly reasons...but i admit i'm cought napping...
Sorry guys, i got a bit silly there...
But for further readers here's a tip - Concentrate more on the story.... :D

insanely~positive June 9, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

ha ha... that's a great post...

Anonymous June 9, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

het really nice story da
i like all of the ones i read
sply this n wait wait n out of sorts icall it fate
lachu

The Solitary Writer June 10, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

nope arjun ur rite i havent come across such a professor in my life time

we used to bunk lectures

they are like they teach and go thats it

no personal panga with students :p

well even am gonna write some similar experience in few weeks time after my exams get over :p

scintilla June 10, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

Nice post. Thankgod, it's fiction..!

Though, do rework the sentence structure.

Keep writing :)

Matangi Mawley June 10, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

hmm.. i was curious abt the radio and bags as i was reading it.. but tht was a gr8 imagination! cool! :D
bt if it were me- i d ve ran away frm tht seat... had too many troubles with half of the staffs in the dept!
cool work!

ps: i finally did u'r tag! :)

Dan* June 16, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

nice i like these words

“I’m not human if I’d forget you”, he said. :D:D:D

Anonymous June 24, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

Slice of life!! Though I think it would be really neat to reconnect with profz you hated in college. Simply to check if that was the youth hating the prof or if it was really really you hating him..

alx June 29, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

different way f writin i guess though i wud ve loved to read wat happened in yo jrny rathr dan"d jrny went absolutely fine"

good one as usual Arjun
keep posting

Misty Rhythm August 25, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

ugh...i hope i can feel the same way abt my college principal someday!! no, he's never done any harm too me...he was just excessively fond of me!! he insisted on meeting my dad everytime my attendance fell short (parent call in college for attendance??!!)...n my dad was perpetually out of town :P..hehhee. BUT the part dat would give me the creeps was the sentence he'd use to ask me to ask my dad to meet him - "call me your daddy"!!! lolz...i swear he said that!

needless to say...u capture the "sentiments" very well :)
cheers!

Rinzu August 25, 2008 at 7:11 PM  

I HAVE LOVED PROFS WHO HAVE NEVER HAD ANY EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENTS... COZ THEY CAN REALLLLY BE DANGEROUS... CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT THERE ARE SOME LECTURES U HAVE WANT TO BUNK...AND IF THEY SHOW SOME REAL INTEREST IN U AND UR CARRER ASPIRATIONS U MISS OUT ON ALL DAT FUN U HAVE WANTED TO HAVE ESPECIALLY CATCHING UP ON MOVIES... :) INORGANIC CHEMISTRY AND RECOMOBINANT DNA TECH TO BE MY FAV PERIODS WHERE IN I BUNKED AND ALWAYS GAVE ZERO ATTENDENCE...!!!

NEEDLESS TO SAY EVERYONE HAS HAD SOME REALLLYYY CHIPKU PROFS TO REMEBER....THANKFULLY NOT ME...

:)

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP