Rendezvous (Out) Of Sorts - 2

(There was an earlier post of mine- Rendezvous (out) Of Sorts. This one is it’s sequel. Hollywood style, you see. You can read that one before you start reading this. If you feel that is too torturous a thing to do, never mind. Read on. And yes, it’s yet another fiction.)






Scene- I was walking my way to the ‘parking area’ of a crowded mall after watching a movie in one of the multiplexes in the same mall. As I was walking along, I spotted my friend rushing through people, with a worried, puzzled look on his face. It seemed as if he was running for life.

Me – “Hey buddy, what’s up?? What happened??”

Him – “White-house….White-house…..Where is the white-house??”, he yelled and cruised into the adjacently located restroom.

Five minutes later I notice him making his way out, wearing an expression, which suggested that he had just experienced the best part of life. He finally took notice of my existence and approached me.

Me – “I thought that was Taj-Mahal !! ”

Him – “No. The one at your home and mine are called Taj-Mahals’. A public toilet is a White-House.”

Me – “Welcome to ‘your stupid world of logicality’.”
He thought that was a joke and laughed.

Him – “Come here for a movie eh??”

Me – “Yeah, with my friend. And before you ask, it’s a guy. What are you upto here?”

Him – “Me just come for shopping with mom.”

Me – “ Your mom is here?? Then I’m outta here. Bye.”

Knowing her mom, who is famous for ‘blowing steam’ into one’s ears, I wanted to vanish out of sight as quickly as possible. So, I quickly turned and rushed but ended up almost bumping onto his mom. We were standing face to face now, with my face drowned in shock. I laughed at my bad luck. I would have cried if I was a child. Get ready to face the Devil’s Advocate, I announced in my mind.

She – “Oh, It’s you..!!”

Me – “ Yeah, it’s me.”, Mr.Noluck.

She – “Do you smoke?”
Where did this question come out off??

Me – “No.” Yes.

She – “I saw you smoking in your balcony the other day.”

Me – “Well okay, once in a while.”

This is one lady who derives extreme pleasures in bullying me. Her version of my bio-data suggests some un-mentionable stuff. All thanks to her son, one heck of a liar. That too a complete head-less, foolish one at it. The weirdest part is – he makes me a part of all his false stories. If you intend to search for a silver lining, here it is – he lies only to his mom.

I looked at him. He was busy typing away on his phone. My mind as ever, is foreboding something in-auspicious, which by the way isn’t such a difficult thing to do when his mom is around. My ever vigilant mind sent out warning signals which said – “Get out of that place, you ass.”

She – “So, how did your Birthday celebrations go?”

Another question out of the blue, nevertheless a dangerous question. I looked at him again, tougher this time. Just then I received a text message on my phone. It was from him. It read – “Last Sunday was your B’day. You treated me in ‘Coffee Day’. The girl sitting next to me was your girl-friend. I was accompanying her when you were in the white-house. That’s when my mom spotted me. Okay? Got it ?”
I stared at him and my awestruck eyes said – “ Screw your ass, you asshole.” He was gazing at the roof.

She – “How was your Birthday celebrations, Mister?”

Me – “It was good, aunty. I spent the evening with him and my girlfriend at ‘Coffee Day’.”

She – “ You have a girlfriend?”

Me – “Yes.” No.

She – “Anyway, we must be leaving now. But I still don’t trust you fellows. Lucky, you got away this time. See ya, Bye.”

Me – “Bye.” which in the exact tone meant – ‘please leave, I’m tired of you both.’

After bidding ‘good-bye’ and ‘finger gesturing’ my dear friend, I turned and headed home, rather pleased. My head is still held upright and I’m not pissed off even after meeting her, wow! a first time for me. I also had this silly feeling of my self-confidence being re-instated.

At home, I went to bed thinking about my friend, his mom and today’s incident, if you can call it so. As similar thoughts passed by, I received a text message on my cell and hell it was from him. It read – “This is your dear friend’s mother. Your friend forgot to delete his ‘Sent’ folder of messages and went to bed. My dear friend, I suggest you to write a book on how you got screwed every time you lied to an intelligent lady. Good Night. Better Luck next time.”
Screw the intelligent lady & her ‘not at all’ intelligent son. I learnt a lesson – Delete all the messages in your phone then and there. I did so not realizing that I had deleted my ‘examination time-table’ message also (for which I kicked myself later) and went to bed.

51 additions to the crap:

Sunil Kosuru June 16, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

good one again, u seem to be good in fiction

Anonymous June 16, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

hey its as good as part 1 da
u my man hav good sense of humour
lachu

Unknown June 16, 2008 at 6:39 PM  

Do you still use free service like blogspot.com or wordpress.com but
they have less control and less features.
shift to next generation blog service which provide free websites for your blog at free of cost.
get fully controllable (yourname.com)and more features like forums,wiki,CMS and email services for your blog and many more free services.
hundreds reported 300% increase in the blog traffic and revenue
join next generation blogging services at www.hyperwebenable.com
regards
www.hyperwebenable.com

Unknown June 16, 2008 at 6:39 PM  

Do you still use free service like blogspot.com or wordpress.com but
they have less control and less features.
shift to next generation blog service which provide free websites for your blog at free of cost.
get fully controllable (yourname.com)and more features like forums,wiki,CMS and email services for your blog and many more free services.
hundreds reported 300% increase in the blog traffic and revenue
join next generation blogging services at www.hyperwebenable.com
regards
www.hyperwebenable.com

Dan* June 16, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

very long post ......... gud sense of humour

test June 16, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

another piece of writing which made me chuckle making peopl around wondering whats tickling me like this.. lemme tell u.. i have started using this term "Blowing steam" these days after it was coined by this Arjun who seems to b the master of humour.. and this cell phone issues.. putting a security code has solved all my probs which i had to go through b4.. and this post made me laugh for each and every line!!

Unknown June 17, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

hey great post buddy....
u just rock as for as humor is concerned.....
im new to blogging scene
visit mine
www.tales-oflife.blogspot.com

CRD June 17, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

haha. ur frnd screws u up every time..wonder wen ur big revenge is gonna happen.itd better happen soon...before he stops needing ur help [:P]

Cheers

Siddharth Bose June 17, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

hey v share da same template..btw nice posts

Arjun June 17, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

How do u know it's nice when u haven't read it.....

Abhinav Viswambharan June 17, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

Awesome post. This is my first visit to your blog and I must say that you have a rocking space out here.

Liked this post to the core.

Keeping a reader's attention who is in a hurry, is something that not many would be able to do. But, you seem to have that knack. I need to rush to my bed now. Got to reach office a bit early tomorrow. Catch with rest of your posts later.

By the way, we usually call White-House, "Jannat". All for that heavenly feeling of getting relieved. :P

Arun June 17, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

grt sense of humor,maga...

scintilla June 18, 2008 at 3:12 PM  

Hahahaha......

Him – “Me just come for shopping with mom.”

Me – “ Your mom is here?? Then I’m outta here. Bye.”
-- the turning point of the story and the hilarious part too..!

Really liked it. To be frank, Rendezvous Part I and Part II seem straight out of a Bollywood movie.

Keep writing :)

Nabila Zehra Zaidi June 18, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

Always read the messz and delete them... I do that :)

But, why do moms or dads have to keep a check on their children's phones. Thank God! My parents dont do that! :D

Arjun June 18, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

@above
Becos the lady is like tat... If u've read the 1st part u might have understood better...
Anyway, it's just a fiction....

@I'm alive

Hmm...I really don't think this has bollywood style of drama in it...Anyway it's ur perception...

Thanks both for commenting....!!
Cheers..!!
Arjun

Harsh June 18, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

i m amazed !!
kudos to u !!

Rinzu June 18, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

good humor...

Unknown June 19, 2008 at 12:30 AM  

haha!
gud one!!
every line, a gr8 piece of humour!!!
mazza aya yaar!!!

Anonymous June 19, 2008 at 1:19 AM  

Hmm some people are just burden on the name of friends...but then, they makes good incidences to write upon.

Nice enjoyable stuff.

Sudar June 19, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

nice...liked it a lot

arjun June 19, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

Hii Everyone..... People pls comment only if u have read... I would prefer u not commenting instead of coming up with spams.....
I really dont mind if u comment....especially all u tech- bloggers...
Thank You..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Dan* June 19, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

hehehe nice code

A public toilet is a White-House

Anonymous June 19, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

arjun said...
Hii Everyone..... People pls comment only if u have read... I would prefer u not commenting instead of coming up with spams.....
I really dont mind if u comment....especially all u tech- bloggers...
Thank You..


lol, sounds frustrating hmm.

well thats common problem which they won't listen or understand.

yet, this piece was good enough and enjoyable to read.

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Arjun June 19, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

Yeah exactly...
Thanks

Anonymous June 19, 2008 at 11:54 PM  

Awesome..I'm subscribing..The theme isn't eye-catching though..its eye-repelling.

Arjun June 20, 2008 at 12:18 AM  

@ aravind
Dude, u've told be u'll subscribe thrice already....
I dont want ur favours by subscribing when u arent going to read it in the first place.....
As i already said pls dont comment if u havent read...I really dont mind...

And abt the theme- It's ur take... :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Anonymous June 20, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tejuvinay June 20, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

i dont think its a fiction ;)

btw you got an awesome attitude (after reading your comments above)

and your theme ROXXX !!!

keep writing,
Teju

arjun June 20, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

@TEjU

Dude, it is a fiction. If it doesn't sound like a fiction then it only makes me feel better...hehe

Thanks for the comment dude..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Anonymous June 20, 2008 at 4:57 PM  

Good one!!! Awesome articulation of thought!!!

All in all a good read!!! :D

Matangi Mawley June 20, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

:D :D.. gr8! poor frnd of u'rs.. with a mom like tht! gosh!

•sowmya• June 21, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

woha..! well written...
I dont understand the point in checking the sent box... parents usually read msgs in the inbox... well my parents dont do that... though i wouldnt mind them reading... rendezvous part1 and part2... amazing posts... enjoyed reading every line of them...

keep posting...
cheers!!!

arjun June 21, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

@ sowmya

hehe..the guy, who he is and a mom, who she is and our history together makes her do anything for that matter...

Anyway it was only a made up story...All characters r fictional..hehe

Thanks Sowmya for ur comment..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

alx June 22, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

hey really god sense of humour not to forget yo fiction....great

the hobbit June 23, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

hi i was next up in the ' comment on the blog above you' forum in Bloggeratti......i liked this post....fictitiously real......but wht i liked the most is ur template....pls do tell me where u got it from......

Jil Jil Ramamani June 24, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

Thats a nice piece! *Grin, that was truly good

The Solitary Writer June 25, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

hey dude

its nice post


listen

complete the tag first

i tagged u a nd few other frnds

so do check my blog

http://diablolord.blogspot.com

Kartik Srinivasan June 27, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

Hi...came here from the Bloggers Community..from the thread where u got to comment upon the blog of the person above....but I comment after really enjoying ur fiction

1. u got style...thats v good
2. there's lot of subtle humor which makes u smile to urself as u read it...i like that very much
3. u hold a reader's grip throughout the narrative

Like ur stories...will go thru the rest of it and keep on checking.

Misty Rhythm June 28, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

light hearted n funny. good work :)

Sandeep Balan June 28, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

excellent narration...the mobile message tragedy towards the end has happened with me quite a no. of times...nice style..

Unknown June 29, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Gud humour....

Gud post man...

Ramya June 30, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

hey..good piece of work there..there's a hidden novelist in u!maybe u shud take it seriously..the plot n the dialogues are hilarious n catchy n at the same time fall into the realm of everyday lingo..
U always give into ur pal's fake stories,n Ur friend's mom turns out to be very vindictive..maybe there shud be an exchange of traits i feel..n in the end u get to kick mud in ur so-called friend's face,n his 'steam-blower' mom will finally cease brandishing her weapon at u..that cud be the final showdown..n flowers at ur feet wen u bow..hey..but again its ur call :-)keep posting..

yours admiringly,
Ramya

sajjapraveenchowdary July 5, 2008 at 8:38 AM  

hahha.. that's a gud lesson to be learnt and I think ur very unlucky to get such a friend and his intelligent mom...

Tina July 7, 2008 at 12:22 AM  

ha ha ha....good one ari....u got this thing for fiction eh??? If u do its a boon coz u r too gud at it....

Oh yeahhh del ur sent items...gals can get away with it but i alwys felt that guys r careless with their text msgs saved in drafts n sent items..so yes do del it then and thr....lol

Sorry it tuk so long for me to get to ur blog ari.. ihave been busy off late...u knw rite...i njoyed readin this after so longgg....

Cheers
Tee

Anonymous July 9, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Rekindled Imaginations ..’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Comfortably Numb July 18, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

Good work :)

Cheers!

I'll try 2 be truthful July 27, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

hahahhhahaha , itni intelligent aunty ka beta aisaa?? very funny post this was, white house =loo , wow , who says blogging se I.Q nahi barti??

Kishore August 21, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

Devil's Advocate... nice mann !!!

It was like narrating a movie..nice.

Personally, I have seen one of my friend's parents behaving in a similar way. Dont they have faith on their son ?? And the worst part is they believe their son is the only white soul. But there was no twists like your climax... :-)

Will have to read ur 1st part...

Arjun August 21, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

@kishore g

hehe.. just a stupid silly story man..... meant for fun ... no logics or imitation of anyone... Its a fiction... ;)
chill..!!

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Alvia August 22, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

Well Honestly A Fun Filled narration..Remindz me Of the Author Tushar raheja's writing style....Oh yea if u havent read his work...Check d book "Anything 4 u Ma'am"..i had even written a post On it..Coz 1 big suggestion would b 2 expect a book of such Funny Chit-chat Incidents 4m Yu :P

Nywayz gr8 work..keep Rockin....

Blogger November 18, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

ha ha...woww arjun...dis ws realllyy cool...me readin dis in my class..cnt stop giggling readin this...lol....
love ur storie :)

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP