10 seconds later......



“I love rain” I screamed and looked up at the rain and the sky, releasing my hands from the brake.

10 seconds later…..

I saw myself sleeping on the road as if using the pavement as a pillow. A few metres away, the motorbike was sleeping with oil leaking out. Behind it was my friend Roshan, the poor soul who was seated behind me. He too laid flat on his tummy with his hands stretched. It looked as if he was taking blessings from the road divider. We discovered that we were lucky enough to be spared with just minor bruises here and there.

Maintaining my posture, I shouted loudly- “ I love rain.”

He greeted me with stones and said- “ You and your stupid rain.”

“Sorry, the bike slipped and I couldn’t control.”

“Did you bribe to get your driving license?”

“Who said I have one?” I replied with a smile.

Anyway, before any trucks could run over us, we got up, lifted, started the bike and left. On his orders, I slipped to the back seat. It was me who had insisted on this ‘outing-when-it’s-raining’ concept. Hence I was the abuse receiver. Anyway, we continued. The ride was silent for a while.



I was loosing patience, so asked- “ Where are we heading to? Coffee Day right?”

“We would have been traveling to hell if a truck or something was behind us when we fell.” He corrected “sorry, when you made us fall.” He looked restless and said- “ We are heading straight to home where you will order for pizzas.”

“ Anything if you are paying.”

“I’m not paying. Who the hell needed this ride when it’s raining? It’s such a pain in the ass to ride on wet roads. You are paying. I hate rain.”

“Are you from Mars?”

I never get replies for such queries. Anyway, we rode along with silence. I felt like I was dancing. I mean, the way he rides the bike is above atrocious. If this guy had a driving license, what else could be more insulting for mother India?

Anyway,I was getting bored. To my left I saw a temple and asked him – “ Shall we go meet the god?”

“Shut up. One more word, and you will be on your journey to meet god in person.”

I found that line funny- Meet god in person..!! In a weird way, I actually feel much closer to god when he’s riding than when I go to a temple. I basically resemble Gandhi-ji and I follow - "No violence. Only Silence.”, so dint tell him about my feelings.

After 15 minutes, we almost reached home, and he was turning the bike into the street in Rajnikanth style.
And I shouted- “Hey.. Hey...Look out you, ass....”

10 seconds later………….

I found myself sleeping on the road with the pavement as my pillow. A few metres away, the bike was sleeping with the remaining oil leaking out. And Roshan was again taking blessings from the road divider.

36 additions to the crap:

Anonymous December 15, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

haha...lovely man...damn funny.

Anonymous December 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM  

umm

yaaaah
is all I have to say about that...
like whoa


haha sounds like me and the BF pullin our crazy shit
=D

so ... like i don't understand have the shit or half the names you use ... because of the fact I'm in the US not there ^_^ so if I ever ask ... well you understand

! sorry about givin u shit haha
yah know ... its my affection ;)

anyways ... i did stop by
and comment ... !

btw - my girls call me Miss A (for attitude) if you need a nickname for miss america over here

Arjun December 15, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

Rajnikanth is our Indian James Bond.. ;) So, keep askin, i'll keep tellin ya....

And hey, ur girls call u Miss.A
I'm a guy. Wats ur real name??

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Misty Rhythm December 15, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

lolz...taking blessing from the road divider...i just pictured dat in my mind! damn funny ;)

lol...i hope u dont pull such stunts non-fictionally!! heeheh

cheers!

Tara December 15, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

Hahha! Very funny! You've got a great sense of humor yaar! Poor Roshan! Aww! I loved that stringing of words...starting with one thought, and coming around to end the same way. Do you read Bobilli Vijay Kumar, he is the National sports editor in the TOI. He writes in a similar manner. Do check out.

Had great fun reading this! Keep it going! :)

Randeep December 15, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

next time use car so that u guys wont fell ;)

Dipti Malhotra December 15, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

lol the ending was really funny

Richa December 15, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

chose 11 number ki bus (ur legs) next tym :P

n save other passers by from loosing their lives stumbling upon u, cuz u'll have blessings from the footpath, dividers n pavements, nuthn will happen to u.. :D

Arjun December 15, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Hey Richa..!! I'm ur disciple frm now....

Thank u ;)

@ Tara

Thanks Tara.. nandri (if i'm ryt )
Yeah, i read his, but havent actually noticed it. Will do it next time.. :)

@ Randeep
We are poor people man..!!
But I'm open for donations...

@Misty

Non- fictionally, I'm as serious as a police man..!!
Thanks :)

D.M - hehe.. Thank u.. :)

Tara December 15, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

Wow! Nandri...yup that's right! :)

* મારી રચના * December 15, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

lolzzzz too good ...

Randeep December 15, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

So the new car cleaner took away ur car!!! was just kidding man.

Cheers
Randeep

Arjun December 15, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

Dint u see the news??? I killed him..!! lol ;)

In fact I have many reasons to kill him... 1000 bucks buddy...All gone

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Phoenix December 15, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

lol!! :P

are you okay now???

lukkydivz December 16, 2008 at 12:09 AM  

poor u! i hope u dint hurt urself badly :(

p.s why is everybody laughin? :P

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 4:07 AM  

haha umm
miss attitude
or miss a
...
its amber

Arjun December 16, 2008 at 7:33 AM  

@ Phoenix n Divz

Everybody's laughing becos this is fiction.. :D

I'm like they-lived-happily-ever-after types..... :P

Thanks guys, for dropping by...

@Miss A

Miss amber.. :)

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 2:40 PM  

loved it dude
pretty cool!

Shruti December 16, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

as told by you, visiting your page to get some laughter in between all the ruckus.
guess what, it helped.
loved it. even smiled a couple of times..
keep it coming
:)
thanks

Arjun December 16, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

Hey Shruthi..!!

Again- Keep life simple, no strings attached..!! Try.. :)

Keep visiting... Will do watever I can do... :)

n one more smile... come on.. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Sunil Kosuru December 17, 2008 at 4:06 AM  

And finally did u order the pizzas, good tht u dint meet the god in person

Arjun December 17, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

The hospital guys told we can't order for pizzas frm there.... Bad Luck.. ;)

If tat had happened, I would have killed Roshan even after dying..!! lol

Cheers..!!
Arjun

DMulan December 19, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

hehe.. liked the ending..
btw, i do hope you're alright! but i assume you should be, considering you're here to tell the tale :P

Arjun December 20, 2008 at 7:25 AM  

It's fiction.... It's fiction.... It's fiction... ;) :P

Yeah..!! If i'm here, I'm alright... It's if i'm not here that something's wrong with me.....

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Anonymous December 20, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

well..this is damn funny..i was just picturing while reading this post and i cant stop laughing..
turning the bike in rajnikanth style..hehe

BG December 20, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

good one :).... lol

Rinzu December 22, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

fun intended...!!!

:D

Nyx December 22, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

lol..nice post!! "taking blessings from the divider"..gosh!! hillarious!!
Cheers
*PEACE*

joie de vivre December 23, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

hehe
hilarious ride i must say
:)

Purva December 25, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

i had a good time reading the post :) you really love rains! the post might be a fiction but riding a bike on a rainy day is true fun

Happy Living!

Adeline December 31, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

good one..

Tina January 5, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

10 sec later...I was laughing...I told u ur posts can make me imagine the xact scene and it did...lovely...

Really ari..i find ur posts always makes me feel better and makes me forget my pain momentarily.

Thanksss
Love
Tee

Shruti January 5, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

LOL!! Funny clumsy fellows ;) Its nice admiring rain and nature and all that but next time do it from ur window at home.
Finding urself sleeping on the pavement too often isn't good for the bike :P

Arjun January 5, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Not good for the bike???
U r my bike's god..... :P

hehe.. Thanks..!!

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Funny!
Oh! I love your short stories!

Asmita Nandedkar January 19, 2009 at 3:14 AM  

Do you really Love rain, or was that too a part of the whole Fiction thing?!

I must say, yet another funny post :).

I personally LOVE rain. Its my favorite season and rain dancing is my favorite activity. unfortunately, here in United states, it doesn't rain much ( yes i live in US!) and I hate snow. (if u havent noticed yet!)

If anyone's up for a bike ride in the rain, I dont mind finding "myself sleeping on the road with the pavement as my pillow"

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP