Tokens Of Affection..!!






On May, some date, 1999, there was a 'Tennis Ball' cricket match played between 16th main street and 18th main street. I was the Dhoni( I mean Captain) of street 16. We decided to play the match with a betting of Rs. 500. The winning team gets the 500 bucks and the man of the match ( or the child of the match) gets a trophy. The trophy was such that if I blew hard at it, it would break into pieces. But anyway, it was supposed to be a trophy. My team bowled first. We gave it the best shot using all the tricks of the trade. Thanks to me of course. I took 3 wickets, and with every wicket I jumped like I had ants inside my pants. For one second, a thought passed through my mind that I could be the captain of India some day. That can now qualify as the joke of the millenium. Anyway, then came our batting. Batting was like butter and cheese for me. I spanked them all over the place and took my team to an easy win. And I was awarded the Child Of The Match. They gave me the trophy inside which I saw it's bill which read Rs.110. Irresponsible organisers.
Anyway, I was the proudest guy that day. I went home and told mom and dad the cricket story with some masala added of course.

The reason why I pestered you with this story is to tell you that, that was the only occasion I ever got an award. Now people are giving me awards over awards. So, I check out my name twice if it was meant to be given to me or was it a typo error.
Anyway, on a serious note, I thank you Stephen & "Pretty Me" (ya again- 'Pretty You' not me) for giving me those awards. I know they are not awards, but just a token of affection, which is very kind on you people's part to pass it on to me. Thank you..!!

Well, now it's my turn to pass it on to some of my fellow, affectionate, supportive, patient[;)]bloggers. Enjoy..!!

Sunny Raju - I've known him since the time I started my blog. It was with his help that I have a blog for myself. Thanks Sunil. And not to forget his blog where he writes about various aspects of the society. Check it out..!!

Tejesh - The funny dude. His blog's full of rib tickling posts. Rock On..!!

Tara - I came across her blog recently. Lots of relatable stuff which I love to read. Keep It Going..!!

Akansha - The alrounder. She's writes almost everything from reviews to well woven stories. Check Out. Good going..!!

Neha ( Misty Rhythm) - It's always been nice reading her blog. You would be reading it and suddenly you feel you've realised something. Go on, please.!!

Chintan - He writes topics varying from social issues to Girl issues. lol. It's a fun read out there. On and on, keep it comin..!!

Stephen - I am amazed at this guy's energy towards blogging. His ( and our "_") Writer's Lounge is a wonderful place. All kinds of people and all kinds of posts is it s speciality. He's got a load of such awards already, nevertheless it's for u.

Priyanka - My new blog dosth. Sweet poems are her trademark. More and more we would like to see, so keep posting..!!

Pretty Me - Man, she writes wonderful small poems. The depth in them is truly amazing. Dil maange more !!..Keep Posting..!!

Teena - She writes poems on various social awareness topics. She's been a good mate and hope we continue to be. Post often is my order..!!

Manorath - Man, this guy can do magic with words. The way he writes & the usage of words gets me awe struck. He says he's busy and has almost stopped blogging. I really do hope he gets back to blogging.



I know, I would have forgotten a few names. After all, I'm the king of the kingdom called 'Laziness'. Please never mind. Thanks to all.

11 additions to the crap:

The Solitary Writer December 10, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

congrats and u passed it to me huh

:p

and dont be amazed man....am nt an active blogger

depends on my mood......got too many holidays before exams so doing something nw

Arjun December 10, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

haha... watever...!!
Keep Doin it..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Richa December 10, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

congos buddy!!

:)

Anonymous December 10, 2008 at 5:12 PM  

came her to see if you posted something new...

read this post and ...

*blinks my eyes*
*reads again*
*smiles*
*put the award on my blog*
*thinks of a thank you speech all day*

so now -

THANKS !!!

*bows*

:)

Sunil Kosuru December 10, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

OMG, I am really humbled by this post, thanks a lot arjun. :)

Tara December 10, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

Thank you thank you! *taking a bow* Am honored! :)

Blogger December 11, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

although i v already done so...but still...my good manners force me again to thank u formally...hehe...
thanks yaar!!

jack December 11, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

hey congo buddy..
and thank you i am really humbled
anyways keep posting its fun to read your post

Misty Rhythm December 12, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

damnb how cud i miss this one! :P
thank u sooo much. again :)

cheers!

p.s....wat's the pic at the end of the post...is that another award??

Akansha Agrawal December 17, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

aww...this is cho chweet!!! I love awards, especially when I'm winning them ;)

On a serious note,
Thank you so much... :) guess being called an allrounder feels nice...

tejuvinay December 30, 2008 at 11:52 PM  

Thanks man .. Do I get a trophy or something :D :) ? Don worry , I can accept cash :D

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP