A Rendezvous (Out) Of Sorts ...

(After two emotional posts , another fiction, on a lighter side this time. )





Scene – Feb 14th , I am driving to my friend’s place and I’m already late by half an hour . My cell phone ringing , it was him ----

Me – “Hello ! ”

Him – “You still in the car ? ”

Me – “No, I’m running alongside it . ”

Him – “You must have reached here by now . I’m waiting . Where are you ? ”

Me – “On the way ”

Him – “Okay , where exactly are you ? ”

Me – “ In the car ”

Him – “ Okay , where’s the fuckin’ car ? ”

Me – “Street 29 . 2 mins ”

We hung up . I reached his home , found him and shook hands .

Me – “ Happy Valentines’ Day ..”

Him – “Happy Independence Day. You are single right? ”

Me – “Yup.Where’s your valentine ? ”

Him – “ With her valentine . I’m ‘ex’ now . ”

Me – “ Oh , where’s the party ? ”

Him – “You teasing me?? ”

Me – “ No , I don’t tease ‘betrayed bachelors’ u see . I only pity them . ”

Him – “ Shut Up ”

Me – “ Okay , what’s the reason you insisted me in coming here ?”

Him – “ Just a casual meeting over a cup of coffee ”

Me – “ It sounds like – Do me a favour and I’ll treat with you with coffee. ”

Him – “You are smart ”

Me – “ Well , I’m here to meet you , am I still smart ? ”

Him – “ Over Smart ”

Me – “ What can I do for you ? ”

Him – “ Dude , I flunked in 2 subjects . My mom literally blew steam into my ears whole night last night. ”

I was about to laugh out loud but for a gentleman I was , I din’t .

Me – “ So you aren’t joining us for the weekend picnic ? ”

Him – “ I want to, but you should convince my mom . ”

Me – “ No way . She is terror man, terror . How can I forget that day when she blew fire (not steam) when I wore a low waist jeans and stupidly gestured – ‘ It’s Fashion ’. I’m only glad that she din’t cane me .

Him – “Hey come on , please . One last favour for me , please .”

Me – “The fourth ‘last favour’. Okay , I shall try . ”

Him – “ One more thing ”

Me – “ Dangerous thing . What’s that ? ”

Him – “ I lied to her that you’ve flunked in 3 subjects. ”

Me – “ Dude , you are shit . Any other lie about me ? ”

Him – “Sorry . No . ”

We went in to meet her . There was something foreboding about this whole thing . Meanwhile , she was blasting at her cook . I heard her shout – “ Why is there less sweet in the sweet ? ” . Whatever that is . Finally , we entered the dragon , she saw me & we greeted each other .

His Mom – “ Looks like a ‘Failed Students’ conference . Can I know what is the agenda ? ”

Me – “ Nothing like that aunty . We are planning to go to Goa this weekend . Came for your permission . ”

His Mom – “ Oh , I thought he told me it’s to tirupathi ”

Oh shit . I was lost for bad words for my dear friend .

Me – “ Oh ya , Tirupathi ”

His Mom – “ Seems like your rehearsals din’t go right . I don’t like you people lying at me . ”

Me – “ Sorry aunty ”

His Mom – “ Okay , I’ll ask you one question . You answer me right now & I’ll consider about the permission . ”

After a minute’s pause

Me – “ Okay , go on. ”

His Mom – “ Where was my son last evening ? ”

Oh God , a liar what he was , I din’t have an idea as to what he had told his mother . I looked at his silly face wanting to kill him. I deduced that telling her “ I don’t know ” would be a safe bet .

Me – “ I don’t know aunty”

His Mom – “He said he was at your place for combined study and you yourself didn’t know about that. That’s Great . ” She continued “ No picnic , nothing . Liars . ”

Totally pissed off at his sillyness, his mother’s ‘adding insult to injury’ programme and my stupidness to go there in the first place , I drove back home .

40 additions to the crap:

Sunil Kosuru March 27, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

Ha ha nice one, u shld try script writin n dialogue writing :)

abhaymittal March 27, 2008 at 8:32 PM  

unique style...u rock!!

test March 27, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

ROFLMAO...

i must see that steam blower.. hey what a sense of humour man..each and every post shows the emerging writer in you.. and the newer posts seem to dethrone ur past best ones..

Tina March 28, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Loved it njoyed it to the fullest...i could visualise the whole scene..WRITE MORE WRITE MORE ari.....This is fun!!

Love
Tee
http://mydreamsmywords.blogspot.com

Deepz March 28, 2008 at 11:28 AM  

loved readin ur post dude..nice one..

Dhwani March 28, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

dude.....very true!!

sourav March 28, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

nice to see that you have attempted to write something funny and indeed your post is entertaining and funny.....also i would like to mention that i have seen that there is much of a realistic thing in your post which makes the reader feel good while reading it. :)

Anonymous March 28, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

ha ha ::)) really amusing

Anish March 29, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

cool man!!!!

really great

u really should try script writin!!!

The Solitary Writer March 29, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

hehe yeah it is indded very humorous mate ...but y did u go to his mom coz of ur frnd....after all he lied that u flunked as well..........same happned in my case as well ...if i get less marks then blame goes to teachers and after all all my frnds who get more marks than me are failed lolz...really interesting post man ....applauds

Arjun March 29, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

@stephan..it's just a fiction dude...
All my imagination...Can't search for logic ma..
Anyways, thanks a ton..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Anonymous March 29, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

Nice scripted,hats off to your imagination...

Anonymous March 29, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

haha!! Your frnd forgot the golden rule of lying always tell the person with whom you are supposed to be with!!! :D

The Solitary Writer March 29, 2008 at 6:30 PM  

oh yeah let it be fiction

but its sounds interesting yaar

Matangi Mawley March 29, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

cool! gr8! kudos!

Rockstar Template March 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM  

hey its very interesting to read your posts !! you are a real time Blogger :D !! Keep up the Work



my blog :)
mohans World

Lena March 31, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

dialogues are really cool and though the plot is not exactly original (no offence) but you write well and i really enjoyed reading :)

Arjun March 31, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

@lena
Plot is definitely not original...
Just imagination (fiction)..
Thanks for ur comments

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Deepz April 1, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

nice post buddy..

Shiva April 1, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

What a lying post!!!
nice post man
keep posting
these dialogue ones are really cool

Tina April 1, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

Gr8 stuff ari..i have commented on all of it..but i just have one small suggestion

I love the template but not the skull...i mean ur blogs are filled with lovely posts and somehow the skull kinda takes away the beauty of the whole rainy effect ...this is my thought...

Cheers
Tee

kanika April 2, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

nice yaar i too thinking to write a fiction ....

Unknown April 2, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

hey arjun,

Nice realistic blog ya...
Good.....
Keep going...

Keerthana

Ramya April 2, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

hey Be-utiful blog there...simply tickles ur funny bone...U r actually prepared for life, because pit-falls and betrayals are more than common..This lighter side is definitely refreshing and promises crisp humor..too hard to believe its imagination..looks real..his mom's caricaturization is too good... Rock on...

Vinayak April 2, 2008 at 7:32 PM  

nice post
keep posting
checkout mine
http://www.superstarvinayak.blogspot.com

Deepak April 2, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

good post.....
i am reading the other posts now!!

Anonymous April 2, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

haha!!

A Nice short funny fiction dude!!

You rok!

Keep writing!

pandian chelliah April 3, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

ha ha good one yaar...nice writing style......keep blogging

۩۩Ħǔžĕ₣ắ۩۩ April 4, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

nyc yar

Dan* April 12, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

very funny loved it :D :D :D

CRD April 12, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

lmao..haha. ur frnd really screwed it all up.
luckily i and my frnds always rehearsed well. it also helped that we never ever failed [:P]

keep writing

ankitminglani April 16, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

ha ha greattttttt one buddy .. keep posting hilarious ones like these :)


have a nice day ahead!! God Bless

~~~ Golden
Vulture ~~~

Hemanth Choudary May 6, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

this is one gem of a blog..really nice da

Anonymous May 16, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

hey...

really cool! reminds me of my own such narrow-escape times...grt one!!

~Sanz

http://sanz360.wordpress.com/

scintilla June 5, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Really funny...! Infact, “I don’t know” did seem like a safe bet..but the end was hilarious...! And since this is fiction, it's even better.

Keep writing :)

Venkat June 20, 2008 at 3:49 PM  

haha..nice one! interesting blog man.. keep rocking!

Rinzu June 24, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

funyy.........

:-)

Kishore August 21, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

How come your stories have a stupid friend and his shouting mom.

Any personal experiences ??

Arjun August 21, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

@kishore

hehe... no dude..
Part 1 and part 2 have the same characters.. Its not tat all my stories have a stupid son for a shouting mom..!!
Anyway, keep visiting, keep tolerating... ;)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Misty Rhythm August 25, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

lmao....dat's one mom i would never want to cross paths wid!!

p.s...can a person be sooo dumb (viz. in "the friend")????

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP